On this page we will put up helpful links to websites and services that can be useful to aid independence, improve quality of life or to help carers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions for this page.
- A great page to find out what’s happening in Leeds is Through the Maze. There is loads of advice to help people with support needs to live as independently as possible, as well as some great ideas and information about what is happening nearby. Download their newsletter here.
- Have a look at the Leeds Directory. Here there is also loads of advice to help people with support needs to live as independently as possible.
- Mencap are an excellent charity working in partnership with people with learning disabilities. Their website here has a lot of great information, resources and help.
- See below for a poster advertising a hotline to call if you have seen or been involved in a hate crime relating to Learning Disabilites. Please store this number, and use it when necessary. We hope you never have to.
- Below is some information from Better Leeds Communities. They are helping people to get Citizens Advice via Skype without leaving their home.